CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Funnest Trip- Lake Tahoe and beyond

K. So we had our bags packed, truck packed, camping gear, and food packed and time on our hands...approximately 6 days of ridiculous fun. Our plan was to go to the Grand Canyon, but the morning we were leaving, we double checked the i-net weather and their were rainstorms every single flippin day. So, we quickly changed our plans and decided that we really wanted to go to Yosemite, California. We were so excited and we jumped in the truck, bought some sunflower seeds and cold drinks and headed out of town...
Oh. I bought suckers too. As we were passing through Nevada, Dave and Criff thought it would be fun to stop by Lake Tahoe and just check it out and take a few pictures. As we got closer and closer...we were in love with this place. The pine trees, the beautiful lake, the singing birds and the fresh air of the outdoors! So we took some pictures and then said to eachother how fun it would be to camp there! Plus we were tired of driving!
We all fell into the peer pressure of our peers and found a campspot at the glorious Lake Tahoe!!! When we finally found a site that wasn't booked, we set up camp!!! I loved where we camped because their were running showers, toilets, and a lake really closeby. Dave was hoping to camp further away from other people and I think he was hoping to see some wild bears. But we all know I would not let this happen to us. It was not going to turn into a "Thomas Family Vacation" is what I call Dave's family and their vacations. It seems like something crazy or "a fond memory" always seems to happen and I wasn't going to be part of that on this trip, at least!
See that pink bag on the top of everything in the back of the Tacoma? Well, that is my bag and I thought it was going to be gone by the time we got their, but I was continually reminded that it was tied down and safe and nothing bad would happen to it. It made it safe.
Our campsot and our final destination! I'm so glad we stayed at Lake Tahoe for this trip! We had the best time ever and I'll go back anytime! Maybe on our next trip, we will make it past Lake Tahoe. Just maybe.
I've included a ton of pictures on my blog of this trip because I've decided this is kind of like my journal/ scrapbook/ and a fun way to keep in touch. We'll, actually Danielle said that and I said slug bug no touchies...so there.

10 comments:

Burrell said...

Whatever. We all know who the original blooger...I mean blogger is. You're all just jealous of my skills.

Tamara with a "T" said...

Okay blooger...I mean booger. Snort with a little wheezle.

Burrell said...

Ummm, did you know that funner isn't a word? I just looked it up. But who am I to criticize? I'm just trying to figure this all out, too, Tam.

lindsey v said...

How fun that you just decided to stay there!! It really looks like fun! I've never been to Lake Tahoe. I really want to try it out. You guys are the cutest family!!!

Tamara with a "T" said...

Em. Dammit. Funner aint a word and you aint suppose to say it say it 28 times and you aint going to heaven...Gotcha!!! Who are you and Brandon? The word police? Gosh. Just let me be. Do you remember my little dark mommy? She taught me english and I'm going to tell on you.

Wendy Wells said...

I do not remember you being this "outdoorsy" in the day! I love it. My hubby would be jealous. He's just barely getting me outside! Not that I don't enjoy it. I've always been pregnant or just had a little baby it seems. So, I never wanted to go!! Your little girl is adorable!!

Katie Torriente: said...

Your trip looks like it was sooooo much fun! And Cass is too funny in her purple floatie suit, hehe! I want her to wear it to the DB pool. And what a beautiful place, i think i need to go camping there since i'm like all outdoorsy and stuff now. Love you guys!!

Danielle said...

Snort with a little wheezle? Okay, that's definitely on the top three best phrase list of the year. Funner isn't a word and neither is schwandinkle, but that makes it even more funner to say them. I'm excited to go hiking this weekend! Over and out. Stat.

Unknown said...

Did you say there were bears(with a shaky and squicky voice).


I need to go back to shcool im having the whorst time triing too spel. I'm soo smort.

Austin - Alex - Max said...

Oooo! No, no... I am glad you found me! I don't think I would have realized this was you otherwise.... It's good to see the fam after our great conversations!
How's work and everything else?!