CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cottage Retreat- Kauai 2010

We just got home from Kauai and had a great vacation! Dave and I were planning on doing the famous backpacking trip and sleeping in hammocks for a week, but found out that we may get stranded if it rained a lot (since it rains the most in January!) so we decided to stay at a private residence and go on hikes during the day! If I would have known how much I would fall in love with the island, I would've went on the hike and hoped to get stranded. Seriously. I'm not even kidding.

We stayed in Hanalei and went to all of the different beaches and trails each day. Then we'd come back to our cute little house and get in the hot tub every night!

The house that we stayed at had about 2 acres of beautiful trees, including mango, grapefruit, orange, lemon, guava, tangelo, and nut trees! We made fresh juice every morning and lived off the fruit of the land.

It was so private, i'd recommend this place to anybody traveling in Kauai!




I took so many pictures on this trip, so I'm going to do a few posts!!

I can't wait to go back!!! I think next time...it will be just my backpack...some food...and the beach!

4 comments:

Burrell said...

Ummm. Maybe it's a good thing then that I didn't go with you. Three in the hot tub can be a little crowded.

sinika said...

So fun Tam! I'm jealous...

Becca said...

Just the TWO of you?! That sounds excellent :) Just for the record...I'm glad you didn't get lost in the rain!

Jessica said...

Wow, what an awesome vacation! I think I'm jealous. Some day I won't have small babies at home and I want to do the same vacation. But I'll probably be 40 by then and I won't be able to wear a cute red bikini. That makes me sad.